- Installation / Upgrade
- Payment Systems
- Basic Magento Questions
Installation / Upgrade
Errors during installation
1. Please double check that all files were uploaded
2. Check system requirements: http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/how-do-i-know-if-my-server-is-compatible-with-magento
3. Most common problem is low memory limit. To fix it, you need to increase memory limit in .htaccess or php.ini. If your hosting does not allow that, please, contact your hosting support
memory_limit = 32M # php.ini ini_set('memory_limit', '32M'); # in php script php_value memory_limit 32M # htaccess
4. Another common problem is lack of time limit. To fix it, you need to edit index.php. Insert set_time_limit(0); in the beginnig of index.php
Extension Configuration 404 error
How to upgrade extension / theme
- Please disable cache ( System > Cache management )
- Please disable compilation feature, if you are using it ( System > Tools > Compilations )
- If you do not modify files, just copy new version to your magento install
- If you do modify files you will need to use a file and folder comparison software. Merge changes from latest update in your files and upload it.
What payment gateways supported by Magento?
Magento is integrated with a variety of major payment gateways out of the box, as well as alternative payment methods from PayPal, Amazon and Google.
Customers can also pay via check/money order, or purchase order and additional payment extensions are available through Magento Connect.
More info can be found here - http://www.magentocommerce.com/product/features/payment/view
How to add any Payment module
Payment modules can be found on Magento Connect. It is usual magento extension. To install it follow the steps given below (Advance users may skip few steps):
1. Select the community extension by browsing huge Magento extension archive :)
2. Now, you will see a button right under the theme image called "Get Extension Key".
You need to click "Get Extension Key" and agree to extension license agreement.
3. After that you will see
Magento extension key (displayed in the box). You need to paste
this extension key in your store's Magento connect tab. Keep it safe.
4. Copy this Magento extension key. It will look like "magento-community/Phoenix_Moneybookers"
5. In order to install this Magento community extension into your Magento store:
Login to your store admin panel
go to System->Magento Connect->Magento Connect Manager.
Magento connect manager will ask you to login again. You need to use your store admin login credentials to get past the login screen. Paste the theme "extension key" copied from the Magentocommerce.com's
6. Installation process will begin and after successful install it should show a message.
You can optionally click on "Refresh" button to see whether the extension is installed
7. Extension may require additional configuration, so you should
read & follow the documentation provided with the extension.
8. Your Magento extension should now be installed and ready.
I'm not happy with a product, can I get a refund?
We are only author on envato marketplace. All questions regarding billing, refund etc should be addressed to envato support: http://support.envato.com/
You can also check their knowledgebase: http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/256/0/can-i-get-a-refund-for-an-item-i-have-purchased.
It is not that easy to receive refund, because there should be a good reason. Ask presale questions first to make sure that this theme will work for you, instead of asking for refund in future.
What license you are using?
Basic Magento Questions
Where to edit copyright text?
Store views and different configuration scopes
Current Configuration Scope list, at the top of the left Configuration panel, defines the range in which the configuration settings are applied. Some configuration settings apply globally to everything in the site, while others are more limited in scope. If you have multiple stores on your website, you can change the scope and make different configurations settings for each store.
Scope of the configuration is shown in [square brackets] to the right of the setting.
To set current configuration scope:
From the Admin panel, select System > Configuration.
In the upper-left Current Configuration Scope list, choose scope of the settings you want to make.
To see current store configuration, click Manage Stores.
- Default Configuration - Configuration at the Default level applies to all websites if a website or store specific value is not set.
- Main Website - Configuration at Main Website scope, like Default, applies across all stores and store views. Certain settings, like Table Rates, can be made only with a Main Website scope.
- Main Store - Configuration at Store scope applies only to the specific store
- Storeview (English, Spanish, etc) - Store views are used to configure language or country specific settings.
For more information, see Understanding Store Scopes.
How to turn on layered navigation for categories
Please check this article -
To turn on layered navigation for categories do following steps for all categories:
- - select category to edit
- - switch to "Display Settings" tab
- - set "Is Anchor" - Yes
Do not forget to reindex data and clear cache.
Changes in admin does not reflect on frontend
Magento use cache heavily. If cache enabled, you will not see changes you made in admin.
In order to be able see changes you need to refresh cache or disable caching system. We would recommend you to disable caching during site setup.
Cache management is located in System > Cache management. Select all items, select disable in actions and click submit.
If you have updated product data and do not see changes, you need to reindex data. Index management is located in System > Index management
How to turn off WYSIWYG editor?
WYSIWYG can be disabled at Admin > System > Configuration.
Under General Tab there is "Content Management" section and there you can set different modes for this editor.